Monday, February 7, 2011

Strategic Marketing Report

Today is my first day back to campus.. It's been almost 8 months since the last time I went to classes, worked on assignments and projects (remembering that I spent the last semester away in Bali for internship).. Well, as usual I will not expect something big on the first day, probably some introductions, get-together and stuff like that.. However, I found myself sitting in front of my laptop, making blog for marketing class assignment! Geeez....... Ooooh, well let's do the assignment and get it over with so that I can go back to my DVDs..

For our first meeting, we were introduced to marketing strategy and I found that it is so important because we need to make use of our limited resources on the greatest opportunity available so that we can increase sales, gain profit and continue doing business! Basically, business is like a war with the marketing team in the front line, without the right strategy, we will not be able to defeat our enemy and win the battle.

More than that, we also learned about The G-STIC Action Planning Pyramid which is composed of Goal, Strategy, Tactic, Implementation and Control. This is the guideline to be followed when any people (or company) want to achieve something, starting from the very top of the triangle which is the Goal itself. First of all we need to have a goal so that we can stay focused on our mission then we can plan our strategies and tactics to achieve that goal. After everything is well planned then we can now begin to implement our strategies and tactics and lastly control our performance progress towards the goal that we've set. This action planning pyramid can be applied not only for businesses but in any areas of our life including our studies, career or even love life!

What got my attention the most was when the lecturer told us that we're not going to learn about the marketing used in multinational or large companies (the one that I've learned in Business Studies class in high school) but more on the entrepreneurial marketing that will be very useful for us to start our own business next semester. Wow, great idea! I was really excited....

No comments:

Post a Comment